2.1 Advantages of 2 shot injection moulding
1) Increased product design flexibility
2 shot injection moulding can integrate multiple functions into one plastic part, such as soft-sensitive surfaces, ergonomic design, two-colour appearance, brand identity, feature improvement, noise reduction, shock absorption, water resistance and impact protection, saving design space and reducing the number of components, etc.
2) Reduced engineering costs
A single injection moulding process can complete a multi-functional plastic part, reducing secondary processing.
3) Different plastics are integrated in one piece through chemical links for higher quality and better strength.
2.2 Disadvantages or limitations of 2 shot injection moulding
1) Compatibility between two plastics needs to be considered
Because of the different chemical properties of different plastics, their compatibility will directly affect the bonding strength and bonding effect of the bonding surface, not all plastics have good compatibility with each other.
2) The difference in shrinkage rate of plastics should be small
Too large difference will affect the bonding strength of the bonding surface and may cause warping of the product.
3) The shape of the finished product should not be too complex