1) The combination of the easy formability and elasticity of plastic and the rigidity, strength and heat resistance of metal can make complex and delicate metal-plastic integrated products solidly; reduce the size and weight of the product;
2) Using the combination of plastic insulation and metal conductivity, the formed products can meet the basic functions of electrical products; they can also meet some special requirements, such as magnetic permeability, wear resistance and fastening;
3) Adding metal inserts to plastics can improve the strength of plastic parts;
4) overmolding increases the flexibility of product design and provides new possibilities for the combination of plastic and metal and other parts;
5) Avoid secondary processes such as hot melting, welding and riveting, and have the opportunity to shorten assembly time and cost;
6) Inserts are not limited to metal, but also include cloth, paper, wire, plastic, glass, wood, coils, electrical parts and plastic parts;
7) For rigid molded products and bending elastic molded products on the rubber gasket plate, after the integrated products are made by injection molding on the substrate, the complicated operation of arranging the sealing ring can be omitted, which makes the automatic combination of the subsequent processes easier;
8) Because of the combination of molten plastic and metal inserts, compared with the press-in molding method, the metal insert gap can be designed to be narrower, and the product reliability is higher; it is easier to pass vibration and other tests;
9) Select appropriate plastics and molding conditions, that is, for products that are easily damaged (such as glass, coils, electrical parts, etc.), they can also be sealed and fixed through plastics;
10) Select the appropriate mold configuration, the inserts can also be completely enclosed in plastic.
11) The combination of vertical injection molding machine, manipulator, insert product alignment device, etc., most of the insert molding projects can realize automatic production.